Sunday 13 June 2010

Meanwhile Elsewhere

Over on whitespider1066 I have a couple of posts looking at developments in the mobile phone market place. I’ve done them over there because there was some cross over, and these developments have huge implications for the use of the technology in the outdoors world.

The most recent post entitled “Capped” discusses how the newly introduced data caps from the likes of O2 and Vodaphone will impact the use of smart phones in the outdoors.

In a post called “iPhone Mapping Software Updates Out” I look, well list using screen captures the latest updates to a couple of app updates on the iPhone that use OS map data. At the end of the post I briefly look at the new iOS4 update that is arriving imminently on the iPhone.

Now one of the things that really does get my blood boiling is when companies just don’t get it when it comes to social media, or the use of IT. Sadly there are many companies in the outdoors industry that fall in to this net. It’s only because I care that the it gets to me so. And that is where I am coming from in the ironically titled post “Another Good Call From Cicerone”.

While I’m here I should mention that I am learning to program the iPhone (admittedly slowly, I am trying to help get the new whitespider towers ready for moving into as well). So at some point I will do a post or two about my learning experience.

No comments: